Hi there. I'm Juan and I like websites. Most of my time is spent making them. I work independently as a freelancer, helping businesses make accessible and reliable static sites. When I'm not working, I'm likely still coding. There's always something for me to fix, optimize, or rebuild.
Most of my development career has been with static-site generators. Primarily Hugo and Gatsby. I'm not very good at talking about myself, so here are some nice lists:
There's likely several other stuff I know that I could list, but these are the main with which I work on a daily basis.
There are many ways I could go about explaining who I am. But I feel a list is best. So here are some Juan facts for you:
- Born and raised in Florida. I live in DC now. I really miss the food and nicer people. Don't miss the heat. Or the fires. Or the hurricanes.
- If there's a remote chance I can automate it, I will try my hardest to do so. Even if it means I'll spend more time trying to automate the job than actually doing it. That's half the fun.
- I often think about False Vacuum and how everything could cease to exist at any moment.
- No other activity brings me more joy than cooking. My wife loves everything I make for her but I think she's biased.
- I worked in IT (mostly Networking) for a brief period. I hated it. Not the field (it's wonderful), but the act of doing it for a living.
- I was a paramedic some time ago. I delivered a baby once. It wasn't magical.
- Even though I understand how Facebook tracks my every move online, I can't help but think Instagram is listening in on my conversations.
- I've been with my same partner for as long as I can remember. It's awesome.