Here’s some of the stuff I use for work and procrastination.
- iMac 27” (2019) - A big Mac for making shiny squares look extra crispy.
- HHKB Pro 2 - I got the all-black keys and it took me a while to get used to the new layout without being able to tell which key is which. Worth every penny, though.
- Magic Trackpad 2 - I tried several mice and found the clicking unbearable. I don’t think there was anything wrong with any of them, but there’s definitely something wrong with my ears.
- Audioengine A2+ - Not the best desktop speakers, but great for listening to podcasts while working.
- UpDesk Standing Desk - The table is pretty good, but the customer service is literally nonexistent.
- Secretlab Omega Chair - Great chair.
- Tripp Lite 1500VA 900W UPS - I believe I heard about the brand from Marco Arment. Solid UPS.
- iPhone 11 Pro ++ (white) - Glorified podcast player with texting.
- Otterbox Traction - Makes it look like a stormtrooper, but not really.
- D. Sloogs Pi sticker - Great artist.
- AirPods Pro - Got the Ticci mod.
- Ubiquiti USG Pro - The only reason I got the Pro was to mount it on a rack.
- Ubiquiti UniFi Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus - I’m sure this is just a fancy overpriced Raspberry Pi.
- Ubiquiti UniFi 16 Port PoE Gen 2 - Solid switch.
- Ubiquiti UniFi AC Pro - Solid access point.
- Raspberry Pi (PiHole) - This is the best decision I’ve made for my home network.
Dracula Theme all the things.
- VS Code - It’s pretty alright, but I’m curious to see what Panic does with Nova. Anything to get rid of another Electron app.
- iTerm - Best macOS terminal.
- Blink - Best iOS terminal.
- Working Copy - I can’t believe this is an iOS app; paramount for mobile Git-ing.
- Transmit - Rarely use it, but it’s nice to look at.
- ShellFish - The iOS FTP app.
- Affinity Designer - Who needs Photoshop.
I try my best to stay organized and mostly fail.
- Things - I’ve tried them all and this UI is simply the best for me.
- Drafts - All text starts here.
- Jayson - Nice UI for JSON on iOS.
- Alfred - Spotlight is great and Launchbar looks nicer, but you just can’t compare to the power of Alfred.
- Hazel - A computer should run itself. This does the trick.
- Moom - Nifty little window manager.
- Bartender - Too much crap on the menu bar.
- Overcast - I always go back and forth between this and Castro. I love the former for its quality build, but the latter has a fantastic UI.
- Reeder - Paired with Feed Wrangler, though I’m starting to miss Feedbin’s powerful filters.
- Apollo (Reddit)
- Twitterrific - That attention to detail 👌🏽